This is a Job Growth Wales vacancy so please check you meet the criteria to be eligible to apply.
Criteria for applying:
We are searching for a passionate cyclist to join our Customer Experience team and support them in delivering a world-class experience to customers, keeping Bikmo as the leading insurer for bike lovers. We’re looking for an individual who is well organised, efficient and very good with people. The ideal candidate will always be prepared to go that extra mile for a customer, and be looking to make an impact in a growing business.
Bikmo is an adventure sports technology company, with a simple mission to provide exceptional services that enable our customers to spend more time exploring the great outdoors.
Focussing initially on insurance in the cycling sector, we operate in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria and by utilising sector expertise, technology, a love for the sport and an open approach to data, we've won customers, partners, awards and 5-star reviews. We count the likes of British Cycling, Deliveroo, Brompton and Pure Electric amongst our partners. Our vision is to become as synonymous for what we do in adventure sports as GoPro for Cameras, Oakley for eyewear or Strava for tracking.
We are proud to be a BCorp and have clear social and environmental goals that align with our mission as a business. Our team is our most important asset and we invest into and reward our people to help grow and maintain an exceptional culture.
Insurance Sector experience is not required - we're looking for team members who will challenge previously held views of how insurance companies operate, in favour of utilising technology and design to provide an exceptional experience to our customers.
Role + Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience, the focus is to provide all customers, or potential customers, with an exceptional level of experience whether over the phone, via written communication, social channels, or in person.
Skills + Experiences
● Bike knowledge - you’ll be speaking to cyclists all day, so a high level of understanding of bicycle equipment and terms are preferred.
● Exceptionally good manner - you’ll be speaking to people all day from a variety of backgrounds so you need to be articulate, clear and patient.
● Great level of literacy - through live chat and email you’ll be liaising with our customers, so need to be efficient, clear and polite in your written language.
● Highly IT literate - you’ll be working with, and managing, a range of software packages we use for our customer service needs.
● Efficient - you will have to deal with a high level of activity throughout your day, so need to be able to manage tasks efficiently and promptly, and be solution focused.
● Knowledge of the cycling industry.
Salary + Benefits
This role is a full time permanent role at 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday, based out of our Chester office, although we do allow some remote working. Hours will be flexible but will be tailored according to the requirements of our customers.
The starting salary for this role is £18,780 per annum, with salary reviewed at the end of the first six months and annually thereafter. Full training will be provided.
In addition to the ability to remote work and above statutory benefits, we also offer the following:
● 29 days holiday per year plus public holidays (Pro-Rata)
● 2 ride days + 2 volunteering days per year (Pro-Rata)
● Training budget of up to £500 per year
● Zero commission Bikmo insurance for you and your bikes*
● Life insurance and wellbeing package from YuLife* UK only
● Access to Bikmo cycle trade accounts for bikes + kit at trade prices!
● 1 x membership to a sporting organisation/governing body (British Cycling / Cycling UK / Austrian Alpenverein / ADAC etc) up to £100/€120.
● *All subject to eligibility criteria.
As with most of the world, we are currently working remotely. During lockdown we will work closely with you over video calls, screen shares, and Slack to get you into the systems and up to speed on our projects as well as developing a good understanding of our existing systems, our roadmap, and our working expectations.
When applying, please provide a short cover letter to support your application. This should include how your values align with our own company values, along with how your skills and experience are a suitable match for the role.
Bikmo is committed to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We stand against any discrimination on the basis of age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, parental status, religion, belief or non belief, social or economic class, employment status, or any other criteria that cannot be shown to be properly justifiable. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business.
Your application was submitted successfully.