This is a Job Growth Wales vacancy so please check you meet the criteria to be eligible to apply.
Criteria for applying:
We are seeking the right person to join our Partnerships team to support in delivering a world-class experience to our partners, and build on existing relationships to deliver top class partner satisfaction, and more policy sales. You will be joining our mission to insure the world’s cyclists.
Bikmo is an adventure sports technology company, with a simple mission to provide exceptional services that enable our customers to spend more time exploring the great outdoors.
Focussing initially on insurance in the cycling sector, we operate in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria and by utilising sector expertise, technology, a love for the sport and an open approach to data, we've won customers, partners, awards and 5-star reviews. We count the likes of British Cycling, Deliveroo, Brompton and Pure Electric amongst our partners. Our vision is to become as synonymous for what we do in adventure sports as GoPro for Cameras, Oakley for eyewear or Strava for tracking.
We are proud to be a BCorp and have clear social and environmental goals that align with our mission as a business. Our team is our most important asset and we invest into and reward our people to help grow and maintain an exceptional culture.
Insurance Sector experience is not required - we're looking for team members who will challenge previously held views of how insurance companies operate, in favour of utilising technology and design to provide an exceptional experience to our customers.
Role + Responsibilities
Reporting to our Head of Partnerships UK+IE, you’ll be supporting our valued partner and retailer relationships:
● Build close relationships with a number of our partners.
● Identify, establish and cultivate new partnerships in our partnerships pipeline;
● Ensure partnership activation and communications are delivered, including assisting writing blogs and guides;
● Help to develop partnership activation plans and identify opportunities to assist partners generate more policy sales;
● Listening to our partners needs and translating them into actionable plans;
● General day-to-day tasks and administration support across the team (retail and partnerships).
Skills + Experiences
●Sales / marketing experience - previous work in sales or marketing roles Efficient - we are a busy company so you need to be able to manage and organise your work efficiently. We’ll provide some great online tools to help.
● Strong communicator - comfortable and confident speaking to our partners in person, on the phone or on video calls.
● IT literate - we’re a tech focussed company so finding your way around our online systems is essential. We use Google business suite and various other platforms.
● Passionate - a love of bikes, or other outdoor sports.
● Good listener - hearing and acting on our partners' feedback is essential.
● Industry experience - knowledge of the cycling industry.
● Excellent writer - able to write content such as blogs which are engaging to read.
Salary + Benefits
This role is a full time role at 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday, based at our Chester office (normally). The starting salary for this role is £20-£25,000 per annum, with salary reviewed at the end of the first six months and annually thereafter. Full training will be provided.
In addition to the ability to remote work and above statutory benefits, we also offer the following:
● 29 days holiday per year plus public holidays (Pro-Rata)
● 2 ride days + 2 volunteering days per year (Pro-Rata)
● Training budget of up to £500 per year
● Zero commission Bikmo insurance for you and your bikes*
● Life insurance and wellbeing package from YuLife* UK only
● Access to Bikmo cycle trade accounts for bikes + kit at trade prices!
● 1 x membership to a sporting organisation/governing body (British Cycling / Cycling UK / Austrian Alpenverein / ADAC etc) up to £100/€120.
● *All subject to eligibility criteria.
As with most of the world, we are currently working remotely. During lockdown we will work closely with you over video calls, screen shares, and Slack to get you into the systems and up to speed on our projects as well as developing a good understanding of our existing systems, our roadmap, and our working expectations.
When applying, please provide a short cover letter to support your application.
Bikmo is committed to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We stand against any discrimination on the basis of age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, parental status, religion, belief or non belief, social or economic class, employment status, or any other criteria that cannot be shown to be properly justifiable. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business.
Your application was submitted successfully.